McNamee Medals & Badges

"Quality Medal Mounting Since 1980"

Searching for Your Medals

Not sure what medals you or one of your family members may be entitled to?  Finding out can sometimes be a daunting task.  Below are some links and contact details, which may assist you:


ADF Medals:  For details of medals issued to members of the Australian Defence Force

National Archives of Australia: This collection of records of service in the armed forces dates principally from Federation in 1901.

Honours and Awards:  This is a Commonwealth of Australia website providing current information of the issue, entitlement, and correct wearing of Honours and awards.

Australian War Memorial:  This page provides historical military information and includes records concerning Australian military units and their personnel:


MOD Medal Office:  The MOD Medal Office is the sole authority for the issue of medals authorised by Her Majesty to British service personnel and veterans.

National Archives UK:  This page provides The National Archives’ collection of records about service in the UK armed forces.

Other pages which may assist for UK medals:

British War Records

British Regiments


Medal application forms and general enquiries


Obtaining US Military Records and Medals

For information about obtaining military records, please contact the Military Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, which is part of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).

Information and advice from NARA is as follows:

The preferred method of submitting a request to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) is via the Internet. In some cases using a browser other than Internet Explorer may create problems with data entry. The NPRC provides copies of documents from military personnel records to authorised requesters. The web-based application will provide better service on these requests by eliminating the mailroom processing time. You may access this application at:

Click "Launch E Vet Records", click "Continue" and follow the prompts. At the end, there is a form to print and then fax or mail to the fax number or address listed.

Obtaining Replacement Medals.

Replacement medals may be available from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) which is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration.

Note: Links will take you outside the VA web site.


Obtaining Military Documents


Street: Documentation Centre of the SANDF

Department of Defence

Private Bag X289



Tel: +27 (012) 322 6350

Fax: +27 (011) 322 6360